Sunday, May 23, 2004

Breakfast to go

It never ceases to amaze me the things people do whilst driving a ton of metal at 80 miles an hour. On my daily commute on Highway 101, the new levels of dexterity displayed by drivers constantly surprise me. Mobile phones, cups of coffee, muffins, some paperwork from the office a whole manner of items can be balanced in two hands and sometimes they even keep hold of the wheel too. So here are two I saw recently.

1) A young girl driving a VW Jetta or similar, using the vanity mirror in the drivers side sun visor (why do car makers put them there? - it is encouraging drivers to drive and check out their hair and make up, our car even has one with a light on a dimmer switch so I can check out my hair whilst diving at night) to put on her eye make up as this was taking both hands she had to have her cell phone cradled between her head and shoulder to carry on her conversation. "You know, like... they put these, you know, like.. bends in the road, it is just SO not good for me getting my eyes looking good."

2) A guy in an SUV, doing 80 in the fast lane, in one hand he has a spoon in the other hand he has a bowl of cereal in the other hand he has a steering wheel, oh no that's right there was no third hand.


1 comment:

The Duke said...

Hey David, found your blog by doing a search from my profile for other bloggers with Everton in their profiles! Astoundingly there were a grand total of 4, including me and you... we really are in trouble. No mind.

I hear San Francisco has a pretty similar vibe to Brighton, from my numerous mates who've been there from here (Brighton that is!) I'm from Liverpool originally.

I'm also a snowboarder. Goin to NZ next month, can't wait! We're probably the only two snowboardin toffee bloggers on earth!

Anyway, hope you get your green card fella.
Maybe they could make yours BLUE. Don't suppose the US authorities are that obliging though.

Take it easy, but not as easy as our midfield this season....