Thursday, May 20, 2004

Please let me stay here Uncle Sam

So I am having to apply for a new visa, which means I have to convince the INS that
I am worthy of doing this job, as well as convincing my employer that I am doing my job
well and that they don't need to fire me.

Now I appreciate I am a guest in this country and to be honest I have to say I have
been made to feel very welcome here over the last four years by the overwhelming majority
of people I have met and the goverment officials that I have dealt with (not that they aren't
people too of course). However it is a real pain and it is strange to think that they could
tell me to leave and I would have ot leave my job, my home all my possessions, friends and
everything. Hopefully I will soon have a Green Card and can relax a little and stay here
as long as I want with a lot less form filling in my life.


No comments: